Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sigh

It's been a long time between posts and I apologize for that. I have had a hard time organizing my thoughts lately and the memories that this blog awakens within myself are at times painful.
I have also been writing stories of a longer length that I don't feel comfortable putting before the public eye. So, for a time, this blog may merely suit to express the subjectivity of my own feelings.

I am out of what was a difficult time for me now, though, and the rigors of my coursework and social life have really propelled me in a positive direction. I have already spent alot of time working with different school clubs that I am an officer in and this time has been doubtlessly well spent. All of my time has either been used working with the band, hanging out with school friends, coursework, martial arts, bonsai and writing. Notice that sleep was not included in the mix. The only reason this blog is probably being written is because I had time to grab a cup of coffee this morning.

I have decided that I am going to buy an hour by hour planner and plan my weeks a week a head of time. I truly believe that I have the ability to succeed in my coursework and socially but that these results will only happen as a consequence of extremely micromanaged time.

On a side-note I have been feeling good about myself lately, better than I have in a while. I attribute this to being surrounded by people that love me and also by working hard to express my reciprocal feelings for them. God has really helped me out lately.

This is going to be a good semester, I promise more poetry in the future but for now this is what I have. I wrote it during lunch the other day while my lunch-companion was occupied:


As the light shines down from the tall glass. Speckled spots of sun burnt carpet and aging subtropicals.

My new friend, a little black cup sitting beside one red and white. Like the colors had opened up and decided to resonate differently, up the rim, vibrating the surface and out through the lid.

But leave the room, and light becomes but grey. Leave the earth, no one ever stays. Fly out on, a passing stars tail. Sit on the sun, wait for a while.

Then turn off the music and put the fancy lights away. Then put off your mind and the extensions of the brain. Look up at the glass and see the sun shining through. Smile, my friend, because life’s screwing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment