Saturday, February 13, 2010

How the Day sounds- Greg Laswell

Time continues to fly by at a psychedelic speed of light. Colors abound and set my mind to writing. To absorb the lights and sound before the eye's focus begins righting.

It has been a severely interesting week. The Vegan Club had their first official bake sale! I helped make lemon cupcakes. The bake sale took place in one of the college's prominent buildings, driven inward by the snow, and was characterized by hard sales of heart shaped chocolates, small yet tasty cupcakes and chocolate truffles. We sold out and the event ended with an aire of general feelings of accomplishment and random exultations of dance.
Thursday night I slept on the floor of a rehearsal studio curled up under a black winter-coat with a buffalo exchange hoodie as a pillow. I was in the company of supremely exceptional persons of class. People that smile much and frown little and watch as life worries itself. It was a night of creative offerings to the muse and, though it hampered the preceding day with sleepiness and confused thoughts, was well worth it.

Wolf Man was an interesting movie. The plot was superbly twisted and confusing; no doubt expounding upon ones feelings if one were to become a werewolf. If not for this reason alone it is on the recommends list. The performance of Anthony Hopkins was superior and Benicio Del Toro did not peak his career but gave a tasteful ode to the beast.

Among other miscellaneous events of the week: I made french toast, mush, and lemon cupcakes this week. I released a friends car from the snow with the help of a few blessed men. I got in contact with an old friend and a close yet distant mentor. I fed a person beautifully sad metaphors about life, love and philosophy and they gave me a 4-star rating (critics our easier to please when you smile alot). I also sent out the first Psych Society meeting email of the semester. I made a new friend over facebook. Last and definitely not least, I danced out all of my heart and let my friends, family and righteous passerby's put it back together.



Amidst all of this pandemonium, I have a piece to share with you:


It was as though a squirrel had burrowed a hole in my heart and set its stuffs in it. And the stuffs added to the general flavor of life. And the general flavor of life transcended the loads of grief upon my heart.

A heating pad shaken passionately and then set under the dermis, warming the edges of the mind first then moving inward. Forever inward, never ceasing, only smiling benevolently up to me.

Someone opened up the clouds and let the sun bleed through. Drops of the Goddesses nectar, dripping upon my lips and tingling sweetly in the ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus of my mind.

A person, quiet and still, smiled at me with a smirk undefined. Not clear nor altogether whole, yet leaving a sense of peace in its wake. A small sailboat upon a calm sea, patiently driving its way into eternity.

The page tan and young yet aged by the better qualities of the furies. The best letter I had ever received; in its tact and simplicity. A picture of a little girl smirking and blushing and letting the whole world seep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment