Friday, March 12, 2010

It's like there's a wave,
growing higher and higher.
And it's coming toward
in patient, hesitant steps.

Then it stops
for a moment,
with its arms outstretched
over my head.

Then it crashes down on me,
and my eyes go black
and my mind
and my body go limp.

Then the water swishes
around my skull,
and I turned about
and about
and about.

And I see people
and sticks
and stones
flying by.

Swimming through the soot
thats a grey with
red
and silver.

Then the sea slows a bit
and drags me by
my hair.

And I lean over to see,
a great cement wall,
in front of me.

Upside down,
on my back
like that.

I see the highway truss
grow larger
and larger still.









A message in a bottle:
"I'm stranded in
Manhattan.
Tell Celia Choffer, San Franciso, Cali.
That I love her."

No comments:

Post a Comment