Friday, March 5, 2010

Been Crazy!

To: my digital muse.
From: Yours truly.

I just realized that I havent updated my blog for very long time. I appologize but, as you can probably tell, its been crazy! I have filled my time with a psychology society fundraiser, Vegan meeting, and walking around southlake town square when everyone is already asleep.
I have to write a paper for my english composition class about habitats of people and the inetraction with people and the natural habitats that they live in. I will reference the experience in Southlake in the paper.

Among other recent occurrences I went to the midnight showing of Alice in Wonderland and also went to Oklahoma for the weekend with some friends. We got there without much food, without a complete tent and a camp sight bordered on either side by drunk frat boys with guns and a party that played the same songs over and over again all night long. I loved it. It was like Survivorman with pre-cooked bacon and more than one person. I quoted him during the trip so much that my companions almost left me behind when we left. Needless to say, it was one of my rougher excursions but helped to clarify my life in the suburbs and give me a very necessary perspective and repose from the week.

The week ahead holds more tests and preparations for the crazy time that is going to be spring break. Though my Blog is overdue and my mind is constantly buzzing with what I have to do next, I can honestly say that I have loved life lately and I am grateful for it.

As always, I do have something interesting for you to ponder:


So I walked out

Onto the road,

And I

Walked.

And I looked up,

At the sky,

With the sun

And the clouds.

The sky was,

White,

Like your

Face.

With hints of

Grey,

Like my

eyes.

And the people all,

Stared,

At the man,

That was me.

Because I was walking,

Alone,

Through the ocean

And the sea.

Then I found a

Courtyard,

With green grass and

Stone.

But the grass turned,

Brown,

And the sky

Darkened.

Then bits of passion,

Fell down,

With fire and death

All round.

So I started

To run,

To find your

Shape.

Amidst the fire and

Ash,

And deaths great

Face.

But I could not,

Find you,

With the bombs

Bursting high.

I could not

find you,

I decided it better

To die.

So I stretched out my arms

along an iron cross,

And I lay there

Dieing.

At first it was flame,

Then amber

Then flat black,

Then white.




No comments:

Post a Comment